Monday, May 7, 2007

Please Vote!

Tomorrow is election day.

It's a primary in a non-presidential election. There's not a lot of reasons to take time out of your day to go vote.

Or is there?

Simply because there is no presidential election does not make this election any less important. This election is very important to the people of New Albany. A local election will not have any impact on the price of gas or the Iraq War, but it will have an impact on the way we live our lives on a daily basis here in New Albany.

Of course I'm going to ask you to vote for me, but more importantly, I'm going to ask you to vote. Vote for a change in New Albany. There are plenty of new candidates running for office, and the harvest is ripe.

I'm not saying New Albany has to be like any other city, but let's restore this city to the greatness of it's past and give it a future our children and grandchildren can enjoy and be proud of.

It's all up to you.

Thank you for your encouragement and support!
Pete

3 comments:

Christopher D said...

Mr. Lyons,
THank you for your effort to bring change to our city. Please do not let this stop you from running in the future!

pete said...

csd619,
Thanks so much for your support. I'm hoping that things will change so that I won't need to run. If they don't, than I'm sure I'll put my name in the hat again. I might even have to put up one of those yard signs I loathe so much!!!!

I hope things improve for your neighborhood. I think you would make a fine council member Chris!

Christopher D said...

Pete,
Actually I had strongly considered it, but I feel I can do much more for our community as a private citizen not constrained by the beaurocracy, and red tape that goes along with an elected office.
As I had said to Mr. Harshfield regarding his attempt for a primary election nomination, you need not hold an elected office to bring your ideas and visions of a better New Albany to fruition.